Buying a Used Car?
- Have that used car checked by us before you purchase it to avoid surprises, or to use as a bargaining chip! Knowledge is power and can prevent problems later.
- Check out Kelly Blue Book's web site to determine market value for that vehicle. Click here to go to that site.
These are the levels of pre-purchase inspection services that we offer.
This package is designed to give you a good basic idea of what kind of shape the car is in. This package includes the following:
- We test-drive the vehicle
- We check transmission shifting and fluid condition
- We check the cruise control operation
- We listen for abnormal noises
- We check power window and door lock operation
- We check the heating and air conditioning system operations (we do not attach gauges to check pressures)
- We perform a safety check similar to a state safety inspection
- We check the lights, horn, wipers
- We check the tires for wear and proper inflation
- We check the exhaust
- We check the steering and suspension for worn parts (Alignment check is extra)
- We check the brake lining at all four wheels, the emergency brake operation, the brake hydraulic system operation
- We check the body condition for rust and any obvious accident damage
- We provide a written report
This package is designed to find any hidden computer system problems. It includes the following:
- We inspect all the items listed in the Level 1
- We check the vehicle engine control computer for stored trouble codes
- We monitor the computer data stream to determine if it is operating within specs
- We check the Body Control computer (if applicable) for stored trouble codes and proper operation.
- We identify the type of refrigerant in the AC system and check it for purity. We check AC pressures.
- We check battery condition and charging system operation.
Additional Optional Checks
These additional checks are a great idea for higher mileage vehicles or for vehicles where the history is not well known.
- Remove and physically check tune-up items (plugs, fuel filter, PCV valve, air filter)
- Check brake fluid for contamination
- Check vehicle alignment (no adjustments)